<span class="highlight">Best</span> <span class="highlight">time</span> of year for Savannah Way

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 24, 2006 at 22:50
ThreadID: 38796 Views:1528 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Kicking around the idea of a Broome to Cairns trip - what would it be like from August to early October? Been to Cairns in October, hoping to get in before the stinger season starts - but what's the trip from Broome like in Aug or Sept?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David from David and Justine Olsen's 4WD Tag-Along - Wednesday, Oct 25, 2006 at 06:31

Wednesday, Oct 25, 2006 at 06:31
August will be good, September will be OK not too hot. October can be getting a bit warm, though not this year yet :-)

It looks like I will be doing the reverse trip in July. Have fun.
AnswerID: 200805

Reply By: MAVERICK(WA) - Wednesday, Oct 25, 2006 at 09:21

Wednesday, Oct 25, 2006 at 09:21
the temps usually go above 35deg last week of sept and just range upwards from there until either a cyclone dumps rain or easter arrives. currently low 40s throughout the inland kimberley and rain in places. best to depart the kimberley for cooler sthn areas after the shinju in broome. having said that for all the years i lived in broome the best time of the lot is oct-nov when the temp goes up and the humidity is still ok and the tourists are gone - heaven. rgds
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 200817

Reply By: Kumunara (NT) - Wednesday, Oct 25, 2006 at 09:21

Wednesday, Oct 25, 2006 at 09:21
I would recommend you do the trip in April - May just after the wet. Everything is still green and the scenery is great. There is still water about.

June - July every man and his dog is about and finding a camping spot can be a problem.

Aug - Sept is getting towards the end of the dry. Meaning everything is dry and the scenery is at its worst.
Life's great and it just keeps getting better

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 200818

Follow Up By: Scubaroo - Wednesday, Oct 25, 2006 at 09:53

Wednesday, Oct 25, 2006 at 09:53
Thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately anything before July is out for work reasons, sounds like early August will be the plan.
FollowupID: 459974

Sponsored Links